9.16.2015

Jumbo Dog

Jumbo Dog at Woody's Chicago Style Hot Dogs
A
This may be the first time in the history of allsandwich that I cannot find an internet presence for a sandwich venue. Sigh. It's because Woody's is a cart that is periodically parked in front of the Lowe's hardware store on the northeast corner of Buffalo and Washington in northwest Las Vegas. It's a cart, not a food truck. And it's likely my last hot dog of the summer, a massive Vienna Beef link in a perfectly steamed poppyseed bun, served plain to my paw. I then decorated it vigorously with yellow mustard, nuclear green relish and raw onions. Then I ate it in few bites, something I've done at least twice every summer for as far back as I can remember. Woody's is awesome, and hot dogs are street food, and they taste best when you're eating them from a cart on the street ... even if that street is in suburban Las Vegas.


No comments: