1.20.2011

Whitefish Salad

Whitefish Salad Sandwich at Bagel Cafe
A+
Writing this mini-review of this sandwich, in all seriousness, is making me angry right now because it makes me want to eat this bitch right now. I don't know if you can make a more perfect sandwich. I love you, Bagel Cafe. I love you and I am in love with you.

So I choose their homemade rye for this sandwich, not toasted even though it might hold together better if was toasted. But with soft bread, the rich, creamy, smoky whitefish salad will spill out every few bites, and I like that because I'm going to eat it all anyway and it doesn't matter if I have to use a fork to finish my sandwich. Fresh lettuce, red onion and ripe tomatoes are a wonderful complement but there's no stealing the spotlight from the fish, so moist with some celery and onion tossed in for a satisfying mini-crunch. There are few delicatessens of Bagel Cafe's category in Las Vegas but nothing that offers as much variety on the menu, and they make damn near everything themselves. So, yeah, there is no competition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...


I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any tips to help fix this problem? netflix login member